Saturday, May 26, 2012

Europe 2012 - Day 10


The woman at the reception desk thanked me for brining lovely weather from the States.  However, said that it was too hot and Irish women get cranky when it’s too hot.  Haha.  The sun has been shining since day 3; we are so fortunate.  Alan and I didn’t pack for this weather and have our sweaters stowed away, and our tees being over worn!

Anyway, on the road again!  I think this is the most use we have ever gotten out of a rental car!  We headed down the coast into the countryside, to visit the Cliffs of Moher.  The cliffs rise 700 feet and range for 5 miles along the Atlantic Ocean on the western seaboard of Co. Clare.  Pictures speak louder than words.  But I can say that Alan made me hike further on the PRIVATE PROPERTY, NO TRESPASSING, DANGEROUS TERRAIN trail, longer than the butterflies in my stomach could handle.  And…the wind was insane.  I feared that small children would get blown off the cliffs.

[The Cliffs of Moher]


[O'Brien Tower in the distance]


[A little nervous about sitting so close to the edge.  Alan's foot actually slipped a little to his side and I jumped to grab him as well as the guy who offered to take our picture]

[Incredible views]



[See this sign, Alan made me hike way past this...

[....all the way out here]

Total relaxation is on the agenda for the rest of the night.  Our hotel delivers complimentary coffee, tea, and cookies to your room at a push of a button.  What a perk!  So I am sippin’ and sittin’ in the lobby, soakin’ in the last few days until we return to reality.  In a bit we are going to walk down to the lake, then head to the lounge for a bite to eat.  There is a entertainment on Saturday nights…crossing my fingers for traditional Irish music!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment